RAM: 4 GB
BATTERY: 3230 mAh
MEMORY: 64 GB + MicroSD
Announced: Feb 27, 2017
- Big display (5.5 inches)
- Water-resistant phone
- Extremely high pixel density screen (801 ppi)
- Lots of RAM (4 GB RAM)
The solid and shiny Xperia XZ Premium will wow you with its looks and feel, but its the technical advancements that ultimately place this smartphone in the top tier. We’re talking about an amazing 4K-resolution display with HDR video support, a next-generation camera that takes a photo before you even press the shutter, and a Snapdragon 835 system chip with greater energy efficiency and processing power. Two stereo front-firing speakers are there to complement the viewing experience, and the IP 68 rating indicates that the phone is protected from unfortunate spill accidents.
- Device type:
- 6.14 x 3.03 x 0.31 inches (156 x 77 x 7.9 mm)
the average is 5.3 oz (152 g)
6.88 oz (195 g)
- 6.88 oz (195 g)
- Main body: Glass; Accents: Aluminum
- Physical size:
- Pixel density:
Pixel density – The pixel density of a display represents the number of pixels over an area of one inch. It’s measured in “pixels per inch”, or ppi. The higher the number, the more detailed and good-looking the display is.
Technology – There are two main screen technologies currently used in phones and tablets: LCD and AMOLED. The former usually features a light source and liquid crystals, while the latter is based on organic light-emitting diodes.
Newer LCD variations like IPS-LCD and Super-LCD allow for very accurate color reproduction and very wide viewing angles, where no significant image quality loss is observed.
Current AMOLED screens differ in such a way that they can exhibit much more saturated colors (sometimes too much) and incredibly high contrast levels, which is due to black color being completely black in AMOLED displays.
- Screen-to-body ratio:
- Peak brightness:
- HDR, Scratch-resistant glass (Corning Gorilla Glass 5), Light sensor, Proximity sensor
- Aperture size:
Aperture size – The aperture of a camera is the opening through which light travels before it reaches the camera sensor. The smaller the number is, the bigger this opening is, allowing for more light to pass.
- Focal length (35mm equivalent):
- Camera sensor size:
- Pixel size:
- Hardware Features:
- Autofocus (Phase detection, Laser)
- Software Features:
- Object tracking, Digital image stabilization, Touch to focus, Smile detection, Face detection, Self-timer, Digital zoom, Geo tagging
- Exposure compensation, ISO control, White balance presets, Shutter speed control
- Shooting Modes:
- Burst mode, High Dynamic Range mode (HDR), Panorama, Night mode, Scenes, Effects
- 3840×2160 (4K) (30 fps), 1280×720 (720p HD) (960 fps)
- High Dynamic Range mode (HDR), Time-lapse video, Object tracking, Digital image stabilization, Video calling, Video sharing
- Front-facing camera:
- System chip:
System chip – Most modern handsets use an advanced chip that includes many of the device’s hardware modules like the processor, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and sometimes even the wireless radio. This field shows what particular system chip (or System-on-a-Chip) is used in the phone.
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 MSM8998
Processor – The processor is the main computing component of a phone and is a major factor when it comes to the overall speed of the device. Some more powerful smartphones use dual-core and quad-core processors designed to deliver greater performance.
- Octa-core, 2450 MHz, Kryo 280 and ARM Cortex-A53, 64-bit
- Graphics processor:
- System memory:
System memory – System memory, or RAM memory is the type of memory that the device uses to temporarily store data from the OS or currently-running apps. The more RAM available to the device, the better the performance will be when multiple or heavier programs are running.
- Built-in storage:
- Maximum User Storage:
- Storage expansion:
- microSD, microSDHC, microSDXC up to 256 GB
- DLNA, Wireless screen share
- Music player:
- Filter by:
- Album, Artist, Genre, Playlists
- Album art cover, Background playback
- Filter by:
- Earpiece, Stereo speakers
- Additional microphone(s):
- for Noise cancellation, Video recording
- 800, 850, 900, 1700/2100, 1900, 2100 MHz
- LTE (FDD):
- Bands 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 12, 13, 17, 19, 20, 26, 28, 29, 32
- LTE (TDD):
- LTE-A, HSDPA+ (4G) 42.2 Mbit/s, HSUPA 5.76 Mbit/s
- Nano SIM:
- Accelerometer, Gyroscope, Compass, Gesture, Barometer, Step detector, Step counter
- Other features:
- Voice dialing, Voice commands, Voice recording, TTY/TDD
- 802.11 a, b, g, n, ac, dual-band
- Mobile hotspot:
- Mass storage device, USB Host, USB charging
Positioning – This field shows the positioning systems supported by the device. There are three main types: GPS, A-GPS and GLONASS.
GPS – This is one of the most widespread global positioning technologies, developed and maintained by the U.S. government. It uses satellites in order to detect your location. Works best in clear weather.
A-GPS – A-GPS stands for Assisted GPS and is the industry standard for positioning and navigation. “Assisted” means that it can use local wireless networks, in addition to satellites, for quicker and more precise localization.
GLONASS – GLONASS is a global positioning system, developed by the Russian Federation. It’s very similar to GPS, but isn’t so popular in cell phones.
- GPS, A-GPS, Glonass, BeiDou
- Turn-by-turn navigation, Voice navigation
- NFC, Tethering, Computer sync, OTA sync
- Officially announced:
- Scheduled release:
Scheduled release – Shows when is the particular phone scheduled to be made available to the public in North America
This device is also known as
Sony G8141, Sony Xperia XZ Premium Dual
We list only the specs that are different than the main variant
Sony Xperia XZ Premium Dual
Sony Xperia XZ Premium
Despite our efforts to provide full and correct Sony Xperia XZ Premium specifications, there is always a possibility of making a mistake. If you see any wrong or incomplete data, please LET US KNOW.
If you are interested in using our specs commercially, check out our Phone specs database licensing page.
var s = $(this).attr(‘data’);