RAM: 6 GB
BATTERY: 3350 mAh
MEMORY: 128 GB
Announced: Apr 19, 2017
- Splash-proof phone
- Thin body, measuring less than 7.5mm/0.3inches (0.29 inches)
- Lots of RAM (6 GB RAM)
- Dual SIM card support
- Lacks microSD slot for storage expansion
The Xiaomi Mi 6 features a 5.15-inch display carrying a 1080 x 1920 FHD resolution. The Snapdragon 835 chipset is under the hood with an octa-core 2.45 GHz CPU, and the Adreno 540 GPU. The handset will come with 6GB of RAM and 64GB or 128GB of native storage, and a 3350mAh. On the back there are two 12-megapixel cameras one of which comes with OIS and the other with 2x telephoto lens. Selfies are covered by an 8-megapixel front facing unit.
- Device type:
- 5.72 x 2.78 x 0.29 inches (145.17 x 70.49 x 7.45 mm)
the average is 5.3 oz (153 g)
5.93 oz (168 g)
- 5.93 oz (168 g)
- Main body: Glass; Accents: Metal
- Physical size:
- Pixel density:
Pixel density – The pixel density of a display represents the number of pixels over an area of one inch. It’s measured in “pixels per inch”, or ppi. The higher the number, the more detailed and good-looking the display is.
Technology – There are two main screen technologies currently used in phones and tablets: LCD and AMOLED. The former usually features a light source and liquid crystals, while the latter is based on organic light-emitting diodes.
Newer LCD variations like IPS-LCD and Super-LCD allow for very accurate color reproduction and very wide viewing angles, where no significant image quality loss is observed.
Current AMOLED screens differ in such a way that they can exhibit much more saturated colors (sometimes too much) and incredibly high contrast levels, which is due to black color being completely black in AMOLED displays.
- Screen-to-body ratio:
- Peak brightness:
- Light sensor, Proximity sensor
- Aperture size:
Aperture size – The aperture of a camera is the opening through which light travels before it reaches the camera sensor. The smaller the number is, the bigger this opening is, allowing for more light to pass.
- Focal length (35mm equivalent):
- Pixel size:
- Hardware Features:
- Dual-camera (12-megapixel, F2.6 aperture), Optical image stabilization, Autofocus (Phase detection)
- Software Features:
- Touch to focus, Face detection, Self-timer, Digital zoom, Geo tagging
- Exposure compensation, ISO control, White balance presets
- Shooting Modes:
- High Dynamic Range mode (HDR), Panorama
- 3840×2160 (4K) (30 fps), 1920×1080 (1080p HD) (30 fps), 1280×720 (720p HD) (120 fps)
- Video calling, Video sharing
- Front-facing camera:
- System chip:
System chip – Most modern handsets use an advanced chip that includes many of the device’s hardware modules like the processor, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and sometimes even the wireless radio. This field shows what particular system chip (or System-on-a-Chip) is used in the phone.
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 MSM8998
Processor – The processor is the main computing component of a phone and is a major factor when it comes to the overall speed of the device. Some more powerful smartphones use dual-core and quad-core processors designed to deliver greater performance.
- Octa-core, 2457 MHz, Kryo 280, 64-bit, 10 nm
- Graphics processor:
- System memory:
System memory – System memory, or RAM memory is the type of memory that the device uses to temporarily store data from the OS or currently-running apps. The more RAM available to the device, the better the performance will be when multiple or heavier programs are running.
- Built-in storage:
- Not user replaceable, Li – Polymer
- Music player:
- Filter by:
- Album, Artist, Genre, Playlists
- Album art cover, Background playback
- Filter by:
- Earpiece, Stereo speakers
- Additional microphone(s):
- LTE (FDD):
- LTE (TDD):
- Multiple SIM cards:
- Accelerometer, Gyroscope, Compass, Hall, Barometer
- Other features:
- Voice dialing, Voice commands, Voice recording
- 802.11 a, b, g, n, ac, dual-band
- Mobile hotspot:
- Mass storage device, USB charging
Positioning – This field shows the positioning systems supported by the device. There are three main types: GPS, A-GPS and GLONASS.
GPS – This is one of the most widespread global positioning technologies, developed and maintained by the U.S. government. It uses satellites in order to detect your location. Works best in clear weather.
A-GPS – A-GPS stands for Assisted GPS and is the industry standard for positioning and navigation. “Assisted” means that it can use local wireless networks, in addition to satellites, for quicker and more precise localization.
GLONASS – GLONASS is a global positioning system, developed by the Russian Federation. It’s very similar to GPS, but isn’t so popular in cell phones.
- GPS, A-GPS, Glonass, BeiDou
- Turn-by-turn navigation, Voice navigation
- NFC, Tethering, Computer sync, OTA sync
- Officially announced:
- Scheduled release:
Scheduled release – Shows when is the particular phone scheduled to be made available to the public in North America
- Charger, USB Type C cable, Type C to 3.5mm adapter, Getting started guide, Warranty, SIM removal tool
- MSRP price:
We list only the specs that are different than the main variant
Xiaomi Mi 6 Ceramic
the average is 5.3 oz (153 g)
6.42 oz (182 g)
- 6.42 oz (182 g)
Xiaomi Mi 6 64 GB
Despite our efforts to provide full and correct Xiaomi Mi 6 specifications, there is always a possibility of making a mistake. If you see any wrong or incomplete data, please LET US KNOW.
If you are interested in using our specs commercially, check out our Phone specs database licensing page.